Old 18-03-2006, 05:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
Doug Brown

Default Sharing a pond vac

As another poster has said, anyone can sue anyone it seems, so t may be
dificult to avoid a lawsuit. I have a sample waiver I could send to you
that might work. Also, the whole point in suing someone is to get
compensation for damages, real or imagined. If the pond society has no
money and no insurance there really isn't much point in suing - the
plaintiff has all the expense and at the end of the process there is no
money to pay him anything.

Lastly, to be successful the plaintiff has to show that the pond vac caused
the alleged contamination and not some other cause (wading birds, ducks
etc,newly purchased fish or plants). This would be harder, I think, re a
pond than it would, say for an indoor aquarium.

Just my $.,02
"humBill" wrote in message
t...
Our pond society is considering is considering buying a Pond o Vac 3 or 2
for use by the membership at a small rental/maintenance fee. We have not
worked out all the details but one major one has come up:

What would have to be done to insure that if one pond had KHV or just bad
bacterial and parasites, that it did not get transfered to other ponds?

I don't know if anyone has a legal background but how 'legal' would we
have to be to insure against someone suing (successfully) because they
lost fish due to possible cross contamination.

Bill Brister - Austin, Texas