Old 18-03-2006, 08:29 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default Weeding

loosecanon wrote:

"Greg William" wrote in message
u...

I am new to all of this so excuse the dumb questions.

What is the best way to get rid of weeds.?? I read that a "Dutch hoe"is

good

.So if I chop the head of the weed off with the hoe,does that mean its

gone

for good or its just a temporary measure.

TIA

In some cases yes and others no. some weeds will resprout from their roots
others give up.

3 inches or more of mulch is the answer, after hoeing.
No one solution will ever fix weeds, it takes a few strategies, after
all weeds use quite a few strategies to survive.
Theyre very devious...