Old 13-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Steve Eyrse

Default Faux Rock

I,m in the process of creating a pond/waterfeature. I would like to use fake
rock, does anybody know of a good video or how to book on the process of
making large rock for a waterfall?

First you need to make the substructure strong enough to walk on. As
you will end up doing that. So lets' say you want a 6 foot high by 9
foot around " bolder " with some chunks out of it so you can have a
tray for the water fall to run out of. The sub would need to be made
of ¾ " marine grade ( due to the water ) plywood. Covered with
contractors cloth ( a heavy duty medium mesh screen that is galvanized
) . The top coat could be A / B foam and or quickcrete. Internal
plumbing of 1 " sched 40 PVC. The whole thing would need to be
anchored to the ground. Use those deck things you can get from a home
center. Concrete with metal straps formed in.

Just some thoughts !

Steve E.

http://pages.prodigy.net/airs/rocks/making.htm