Old 19-03-2006, 04:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default When to start up BioFalls?

"AngieNews2" wrote in message
Hi
I put in a new 900 gal. pond last fall with a Biofalls filter/waterfall.
We shut it down for the winter and used a Thermopond de-icer, which worked
great! I have Shubunkins/snails/frogs.

Should I start up my biofalls now? The pond is ice free, but still cold
up here in SW Ontario Canada (35-40F deg. days).
(We have seen light snow in April before.)
Thanks in advance.

The unwritten rule where I live is to turn on the filters and waterfalls,
whatever you have, when the water reaches 50F or more. You don't want to
mix the warmer bottom water with the cold top water.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952