Old 19-03-2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Charles

Default Bermuda grass disappearing

On 19 Mar 2006 13:39:40 -0800, "Teo" wrote:

I have Bermuda grass on my lawn. I built a fence around my backyard
about three years ago. Since then the grass in the left fence corner is
gradually disappearing (the spot is enlarging from the fence post
toward the house). Currently, there is a spot about 10' x 10' which
is completely barren. I also have a tree in that corner but I have two
other trees in the backyard and the grass there is just fine.

What may be causing the Bermuda grass to dislike the fence? More
importantly, what could be done to reverse the process?

Two possibilities come to mind.

Too much shade? Bermuda doesn't like shade.

Too much cold? Did the fence block air drainage and trap cold air in
the area where the Bermuda isn't growing?