Old 13-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Valkyrie

Default I saved it! but it has fruit flies?

Anyway, so now I'm noticing something resembling fruit flies (that might
be why it was in the garage in the first place?) I did let it dry out
fairly good a few times between waterings, but every time I do water, I
see the little buggers come flying out. What do I do to get rid of
them? They also like to fly in front of the computer monitor! *
---splat

These are most likely fungus gnats. I've gotten rid of them by sprinkling
cinnamon on the soil. I don't know why it works, but it did for me. You
also might want to yank that plant out of the pot and put it in fresh soil,
clean the pot well or use a new one. I don't do chemical drenches on
anything, especially something I'd have inside my house but that's a
personal preference on my part.

Val

Maybe you should mulch that pot with a nice thick layer of pennies ;-)