Old 20-03-2006, 04:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy

Default Bermuda grass disappearing

"George.com" wrote in message

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Teo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you for the feedback. I live in Atlanta, GA, so cold probably is
not the reason although I do notice that the grass is receding more
after the winter. Is there anything that can be done to fix the issue
besides tearing down the fence or cutting the tree :-)

Bermuda needs full sun to thrive. You might try the hybrid,

Celebration,
which claims to have some shade tolerance.
http://www.sodsolutions.com/celebration/index.shtml

Give that a miss. If you follow the link you will note it is an Australian
variety. The grass will simply sit on its arse all day, refuse to do
anything (like grow) and expect you to fertilise it constantly with beer.
Best find yourself a hard working grass variety.

That may be so, and I'll defer to your keen insight into the Aussie
horticultural tendencies........ It's unlikely American beer would make it
very happy, in any case.