Old 18-03-2006, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Keeping the cats out

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Richard Parker
wrote
#include

If it is an offence to allow a dog to foul, without the owner clearing
it up, why is socially acceptable to allow a cat to do the same with no
responsibility on the owner to clear the mess?

As I understand it a dog is a domestic animal and a cat is a wild
animal. If you've ever lived with both you'll understand the
difference

This sounds like a get out clause for irresponsible cat owners.

Continually treating your cat as a kitten makes it domestic and safe.
Without this it would be wild and you would not be able to get within
ten feet of it without protective clothing.

Even by saying that a pet cat is wild does not prevent responsible
ownership. Those who let pet cats s**t in gardens belonging to others
are not responsible owners and should perhaps be barred from owning any
animals.

Those antisocial individuals that let their pet cats roam shouldn't be
surprised, and shouldn't complain, if other treat their vermin in the
same uncaring way as they do.

Alan, to put it bluntly, how the f c k do you propose people stop their cats
roaming? Lock them in cages? Put them on leads?

Do you have children? Do neighbours have to put up with irresponsible
parents letting their little shits scream and yell around the neighbourhood
crapping on other peoples peace and quiet? If so, how do propose to control
children and minimise their anti-social behaviour. Do we put them on a
leash?

I accept that pet ownership have responsibilities. I try to exercise them. I
do have cats and dogs and my moggies do not stray far from home. However, I
am far more tolerant to the odd cat shit in my garden than some kid yelling
their head off.

rob