Old 21-03-2006, 01:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
spampot

Default Advice needed for garden bench around tree

I'll make a note of that, thanks.

wrote:
you are looking for hardware for an octagon tree bench. it takes metal 45o angle
metal joints. you may be able to find these at your local hardware store.
a 4 sided object needs 90o
a 6 sided object needs 60o
an 8 sided object needs 45o
Ingrid

spampot wrote:

I realize this might not be the most appropriate newsgroup for this
query, but hope someone here can steer me in the right direction. We
want to build a bench around a large old tree trunk (we just had the
tree cut down to about 14 feet and want to plant vines around it). I
distinctly remember, some time ago, seeing a catalogue that carried the
joint hardware for those hexagonal or octagonal benches that fit around
trees; you supply your own planking or two-by-fours -- pretty much like
the joint hardware for raised garden beds etc. I can't find it anywhere
now. I've ransacked all my catalogues and gardening magazines, to no
avail; they all either sell entire benches or kits that are fairly
expensive. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can they point
me to a source?

TIA.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/