Old 21-03-2006, 09:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Bermuda grass disappearing

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Teo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you for the feedback. I live in Atlanta, GA, so cold probably

is
not the reason although I do notice that the grass is receding more
after the winter. Is there anything that can be done to fix the

issue
besides tearing down the fence or cutting the tree :-)

Bermuda needs full sun to thrive. You might try the hybrid,

Celebration,
which claims to have some shade tolerance.
http://www.sodsolutions.com/celebration/index.shtml

Give that a miss. If you follow the link you will note it is an

Australian
variety. The grass will simply sit on its arse all day, refuse to do
anything (like grow) and expect you to fertilise it constantly with

beer.
Best find yourself a hard working grass variety.

No, you are mistaken. The Australian grass will sneak up and try
to tickle the feet of random sheep, trying to excite them.

though Aussie grass varieties are very good for rolling cricket balls across
I understand. Developed especially for that purpose.

rob