Old 22-03-2006, 04:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

Default Do all Snappers suck, or just mine?

Artemis wrote:
dave wrote:
I have a Snapper self propelled walk behind with a ninja blade on it.
I sold a craftsman 5hp with a mulch blade to get this and I regret it.

My yard is oval, and as I make my turn at the end, the Snapper leaves
high spots on the inside cut. It is like the deck is lifting while in
the slo curve. My craftsman never did this. The only cure it to cut
back and forth rather than in a circle.

Is it the funky ninja blade?

Snappers are generally known for their high-vac decks and their ability
to bag anything. When you say ninja blade, I have to assume you have a
mulching kit on it. Try putting the bagger or discharge chute and the
standard blade back on it and see if that eliminates the high spots.
That is how it was designed to mow and will give you the best cut. If
you want a really good bagging mower stick with what you've got. If you
want a really nice mulching mower look at Toro and/or Honda.

--
Art

Good advice Art... Thanks