Old 19-03-2006, 11:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

Default Do all Snappers suck, or just mine?

I have a Snapper self propelled walk behind with a ninja blade on it.
I sold a craftsman 5hp with a mulch blade to get this and I regret it.

My yard is oval, and as I make my turn at the end, the Snapper leaves
high spots on the inside cut. It is like the deck is lifting while in
the slo curve. My craftsman never did this. The only cure it to cut
back and forth rather than in a circle.

Is it the funky ninja blade?

Old 19-03-2006, 11:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bBob

"dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Snapper self propelled walk behind with a ninja blade on it.
I sold a craftsman 5hp with a mulch blade to get this and I regret it.

My yard is oval, and as I make my turn at the end, the Snapper leaves
high spots on the inside cut. It is like the deck is lifting while in
the slo curve.

Make sure the 'guide wheels' are properly adjusted (to support the deck) and
the mower deck is not just 'hanging' under the tractor.

Old 19-03-2006, 11:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

it is a walk behind, not a tractor.

I only have 4 wheels, which are the 'guide wheels"?

Old 20-03-2006, 12:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bBob

"dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
it is a walk behind, not a tractor.

I only have 4 wheels, which are the 'guide wheels"?

Most mower decks have a wheel on each side (adjustable) that help support
the deck at a preset height. It sounds like those wheels are not adjusted
properly and the deck 'swings' on the corners. This will cause the grass to
be cut higher on the outside of the turn.

Old 20-03-2006, 03:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

Geez, I don't know how to respond to that!

My craftsman and I did a fine job before, now with the snapper, it is
substandard. I've done nothing different, and no, I don't drink a six
pack before I mow the lawn.
I think that my snapper sucks. I'm going to sell it this spring and
replace it with a better product.

Old 20-03-2006, 04:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bBob

"dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Geez, I don't know how to respond to that!

My craftsman and I did a fine job before, now with the snapper, it is
substandard. I've done nothing different, and no, I don't drink a six
pack before I mow the lawn.
I think that my snapper sucks. I'm going to sell it this spring and
replace it with a better product.

I had a Snapper "High Vac" rider and really liked it. It got tired, so I
replaced it with a JD rider.

no, I don't drink a six pack before I mow the lawn.

I meant 'during'. grin Just kidding.

I really can't imagine why your mower 'leans' in the corners.

Old 22-03-2006, 02:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

dave wrote:
I have a Snapper self propelled walk behind with a ninja blade on it.
I sold a craftsman 5hp with a mulch blade to get this and I regret it.

My yard is oval, and as I make my turn at the end, the Snapper leaves
high spots on the inside cut. It is like the deck is lifting while in
the slo curve. My craftsman never did this. The only cure it to cut
back and forth rather than in a circle.

Is it the funky ninja blade?

Snappers are generally known for their high-vac decks and their ability
to bag anything. When you say ninja blade, I have to assume you have a
mulching kit on it. Try putting the bagger or discharge chute and the
standard blade back on it and see if that eliminates the high spots.
That is how it was designed to mow and will give you the best cut. If
you want a really good bagging mower stick with what you've got. If you
want a really nice mulching mower look at Toro and/or Honda.

--
Art
Old 22-03-2006, 04:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

Artemis wrote:
dave wrote:
[...]

Good advice Art... Thanks

Old 22-03-2006, 08:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Damian

On 19 Mar 2006 15:32:36 -0800, "dave" wrote:

I have a Snapper self propelled walk behind with a ninja blade on it.
I sold a craftsman 5hp with a mulch blade to get this and I regret it.

My yard is oval, and as I make my turn at the end, the Snapper leaves
high spots on the inside cut. It is like the deck is lifting while in
the slo curve. My craftsman never did this. The only cure it to cut
back and forth rather than in a circle.

Is it the funky ninja blade?

While I've never used the Ninja blade, my father, who has, says
they're terrible. I don't know what brand of mulching blade we are
using on it now, but I like it.

Out of curiousity, do you go clockwise or counter-clockwise? If only
one and you try the other, does it make a difference in your case?

Old 23-03-2006, 10:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

I ususlly go clock wise, but when I reverse the direction, it makes no
difference.

Are you using the non ninja blade on a Snapper? I bought the ninja
because it was more expensive thus mo betta in my mind.

Old 25-03-2006, 03:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oscar_Lives

"Artemis" wrote in message
dave wrote:
[...]

Forest Gump had a snapper.

Old 26-03-2006, 04:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Damian

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthrea...ght=inuyashaOn
23 Mar 2006 14:19:04 -0800, "dave" wrote:

Are you using the non ninja blade on a Snapper? I bought the ninja
because it was more expensive thus mo betta in my mind.

Yes, non-ninja. Well, it looks cool too... : )