Old 22-03-2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default 2006 Garlic and Red Shallots Advance Order

In article .com,
" wrote:

Well Gary, you read the lengthy post. Confindence with an aol account?
I guess you could be right, but you aren't as I'm small time and enjoy
what I do. People are interested in finding produce or seed stock that
isn't full of garbage chemicals. Thanks for the tip tho, Randy

You can get Organic garlic heads for a helluva lot less than that at
Whole Foods or Sun Harvest.

Peel the outer "paper" off then soak the bottom of the head in some
water with daily water changes until the cloves start to separate and
sprout.

Then pull the cloves apart and plant them.

It's not rocket science and you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for
"certified" organic.

Sun harvest and Whole Foods also sell organic red shallots. I'm not sure
of the price but it sure as hell is not $7.00 per lb. plus shipping. :-(

Organic produce sections in specific grocery stores are your friend, and
you CAN plant it! I do it all the time saving seeds from winter squashes
and pumpkins too.
--
Peace, Om.