Old 23-03-2006, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross

Default Ligustrum

Yaderp wrote:
I am wanting some hedges in my yard. Someone suggested ligustrum. I am
pretty sure this is Privet. Anyone have experience, good or bad, with this
variety? Is this a rhyzome? How tall will it get in the Southeastern U.S.
(Tennessee)?

Ligustrum is a woody shrub, commonly called privet. Some can grow quite
tall. L. lucidum grows as a tree.

Note that some people (me included) are allegic to the flowers. Even
the mere aroma from a distance (as far as 200 ft) starts my throat
tickling and constricting.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean