Old 22-03-2006, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default 2006 Garlic and Red Shallots Advance Order

In article .com,
"James" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
Peel the outer "paper" off then soak the bottom of the head in some
water with daily water changes until the cloves start to separate and
sprout.

Then pull the cloves apart and plant them.

Why go through all that? I just separate my cloves and stick them in
the ground in the fall.

Personal preference maybe... You are correct, but I find I get a higher
survival rate if they are sprouting for me first. :-)
--
Peace, Om.