Old 22-03-2006, 11:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default How can you water a dehydrated Catt and Phal with no roots

Yes, by all means do the bags for humidity. Not sure if anyone else has
mentioned, but there is another (unproven by me, others may know more)
theory that if, as you close the bags, you can blow them up with a straw
[your exhalation is supposed to be largely CO2] and then close them
expanded, it might help. Good luck, Kenni

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I 'm in the great white north, currently all the humidity is on the
ground being quite slippery. I did the one day soak which worked with
afew other orchids that were dry, but they had roots. I am putting
them in bags this morning, guess I'll see in afew months if it works.
Thanks for the help

Jack