Old 21-03-2006, 10:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Ligustrum

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Yaderp" wrote in message
I am wanting some hedges in my yard. Someone suggested ligustrum. I am
pretty sure this is Privet. Anyone have experience, good or bad, with

this
variety? Is this a rhyzome? How tall will it get in the Southeastern

U.S.
(Tennessee)?

Don't plant it, please. Contact your agricultural agent or a clued-in
garden store for recommendations of non-invasive native species for your
area.

it is deemed a noxious weed in NZ and on the hit list. My wife found a nice
little shrub gorwing in the garden a couple years back, resited it and gave
it some tlc. It was doing ok until one afternoon the neighbour, who is
allergic to privet, came round and sked if she could remove the privet shrub
from our front garden as it was causing her irritation. From memory the
privet make a good fire starter one night.

rob