Old 23-03-2006, 12:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default My bamboo is dying!

"Nisse" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have three bamboo stalks. I don't know plant language at all but they
are the curly kind - the stalks are like bright green spirals. They are
about 40 cm tall. I keep them in a glass of water. For a couple of
years now, they have been perfectly happy, but suddenly one of the
bamboos is dying. About 7 cm of the top part of the spiral stalk has
turned bright yellow during the past couple of days. It could have
something to do with the fact that the building is being painted and
there are probably some fumes in the air. I don't know. It could also
have something to do with the fact that the 15 cm tall vase it stands
in is filled to the top with water, and I think I used to fill it only
half way. What am I do to? I want to save it before it dies. Someone
suggested that I cut of the dying part at the top and wax the tip.
Please could someone advise me. Thanks so much!
Nisse

Are they supposed to grow in water, or be transplanted to soil?