Old 23-03-2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default My bamboo is dying!

"Nisse" wrote in message
oups.com
Hello,

I have three bamboo stalks. I don't know plant language at all
but
they are the curly kind - the stalks are like bright green
spirals.
They are about 40 cm tall. I keep them in a glass of water. For
couple of years now, they have been perfectly happy, but
suddenly
one of the bamboos is dying. About 7 cm of the top part of the
spiral stalk has turned bright yellow during the past couple of
days. It could have something to do with the fact that the
building
is being painted and there are probably some fumes in the air.
don't know. It could also have something to do with the fact
that
the 15 cm tall vase it stands in is filled to the top with
water,
and I think I used to fill it only half way. What am I do to? I
want to save it before it dies. Someone suggested that I cut of
the
dying part at the top and wax the tip. Please could someone
advise
me. Thanks so much!
Nisse

What you have is not bamboo it is a dracena.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5