Old 23-03-2006, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

Default How can you water a dehydrated Catt and Phal with no roots

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:35:33 -0500 in Kenni Judd wrote:
Yes, by all means do the bags for humidity. Not sure if anyone else has
mentioned, but there is another (unproven by me, others may know more)
theory that if, as you close the bags, you can blow them up with a straw
[your exhalation is supposed to be largely CO2] and then close them
expanded, it might help. Good luck, Kenni

It's mostly nitrogen :-).
However, the CO2 levels are higher :-).

Also, if you happen to have LECA and an appropriate container,
that may work better for you.
I seem to always end up with a crop of mold when I use spaghnum,
but haven't tried using only physan solution to wet the spag.
--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil