Old 23-03-2006, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Teo

Default Bermuda grass disappearing

It is clay soil. Hm, I never thought that I may not have been watering
that particular spot enough. Perhaps, buldling a fence aggrevated the
issue somehow. Will try watering more, followed by beer :-)

Hal wrote:
On 19 Mar 2006 16:14:15 -0800,

Thank you for the feedback. I live in Atlanta, GA, so cold probably is
not the reason although I do notice that the grass is receding more
after the winter. Is there anything that can be done to fix the issue
besides tearing down the fence or cutting the tree :-)

If it isn't too much shade it's probably a water issue. What type
soil in that corner? Clay soil takes a longer time to absorb
rainfall and gets dry. I'm roughly 100 South of Atlanta and have
spots of clay in my centipede yard that I have to be more diligent in
watering those spots. Light watering for longer periods of time
works better for me.

Regards,

Hal