Old 24-03-2006, 05:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tony Miklos

Default Grass Seed: How Long Good For, And Storage Conditions Question?

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Just noticed a bag of Scotts grass seed that I guess I had in my garage
(unheated)
for two winters now, that I had forgotten about.

Under the house garage, but still getys pretty cold in
there; live outside of Boston.

Think the seed would still be good if I used it this spring ?

Put 20 or so on a wet, folded paper towel, then fold again to cover the
seed. Keep it damp and room temp and see how many sprout in the time
frame it gives for germination on the package.