Old 24-03-2006, 11:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default Grass Seed: How Long Good For, And Storage Conditions Question ?

"Robert11" wrote:
Hello:

Just noticed a bag of Scotts grass seed that I guess I had in my garage
(unheated)
for two winters now, that I had forgotten about.

Under the house garage, but still getys pretty cold in
there; live outside of Boston.

Think the seed would still be good if I used it this spring ?

Irrespective of the above, how long do seeds stay rerasonably potent ?
Better if stored cold, cool, or warm ?

Thanks,
Bob

Rule of thumb is two years shelf life, you can still use it after that but
the germination may fall off a bit as it gets older.