Old 24-03-2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Mail order source for quantity discount of mint plants?

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:33:25 -0500, RAINDEAR wrote:

if anyone ever DOES give you a name or names of a source for buying mass
quantities of a variety of mints, could you PLEASE email me at the address
below my signature?? PLEASE??

otherwise, both you and i should hit
http://www.gardenweb.com
and check out THEIR places for finding SOURCES. i guess i'll toddle over
there now.....and if i find anything, first, i'll let you know here, k??

i want mass quantities of mint, too, to take over the grass; this way the
area will still look green but will not be the source of food for
grasshopper, japanese beetle, and other grubs who munch on grass roots all
winter and spring.

this'll teach 'em!!!!

A grower I know of in California supplies various herbs (including some mints)
in plug trays of 128 plants for $52.80 (about $0.42 per plant). One catch is
they must all be of the same plant. Another catch is shipping. If you live in
the far west of the US (basically the coastal states and those adjoining them)
shipping is by ground and cheap, but if you live anywhere else shipping is by
air and expensive.

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/index.html

I've dealt with theses folks in the past.

http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/

Bill

--
Located In S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade