Old 24-03-2006, 11:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

Default Grass Seed: How Long Good For, And Storage Conditions Question ?

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Just noticed a bag of Scotts grass seed that I guess I had in my garage
(unheated)
for two winters now, that I had forgotten about.

Under the house garage, but still getys pretty cold in
there; live outside of Boston.

Think the seed would still be good if I used it this spring ?

Irrespective of the above, how long do seeds stay rerasonably potent ?
Better if stored cold, cool, or warm ?

Thanks,
Bob

My answer is the same as it was when you asked the question on
rec.home.repair. ;-) Use the seed at a higher than normal application
rate. Watch for germination. If it doesn't germinate well, buy new seed.

Seed doesn't store well.

It stores best in cool, dry conditions.