Old 25-03-2006, 02:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

Default Rebel III Grass?

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Kyle Boatright" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Tony Miklos wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Tony Miklos wrote:
Stubby wrote:
Try google(Rebel III). I noted there is now a Rebel IV.
I googled it before posting and again today. I saw 1 short thread
from this group, but most everything else was just selling the
stuff, or had something to do with Star Wars! Not much info.

It's turf type tall fescue.

So does this mean it may be a problem growing into flower beds or
choking out wildflowers?

Tony

No more so than any other turfgrass, it's not invasive like zoysia or
bent.

Zoysia is invasive, but in a glacially slow kind of way.

I bet the spread rate is 6" a year, maybe. Not like bermuda, which will
spread 2x or 3x as fast...

But...tall fescue is MUCH less invasive than either of those, Kyle. So no
worries if that was his concern, right?

Absolutely correct. Fescue doesn't spread...

--
30GB/month http://newsreader.com/