Old 25-03-2006, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Default Dropping soil pH (Blueberry bush)

Morning all. Bought a blueberry bush yesterday at a local plant fair - I
eat loads of them so thought I'd have a go at growing. Doing some
googling this morning, it appears that they need a low pH soil - some
have even said 4.5 ! I am planning on planting it at the back of my veg
bed (to cover up a bit of the fence). How do I go about making sure the
soil local to the blueberry has sufficient acid levels, whilst
maintaining a fairly neutral pH in the rest of the bed ?? If I use an
acid fertiliser, will this not 'leak' into the rest of the veg patch and
cause problems ??