Old 25-03-2006, 12:32 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default SPRINKLER FOR GARDEN.

"Mary Anne Smith" wrote in message
et...
Where can I buy a good sprinkler for my garden. I have bought the ones
with the twirly thing in the middle and have
yet to find one that twirls. I have bought the ones that go back and forth
and most of the times the tiny holes are
stopped up and it does not give me good coverage. I have a small garden
perhaps about 12x12.
I want something that I don't have to move and sprays from all sides.

Mary Anne

The ones that do a circular pattern will end up doing more than just the
garden. The others tend to do poorly at low pressure at you pointed out.

If the garden needs a sprinkle, I use a brass hose fitting that is meant for
on/off control at the business end of the garden hose. It puts out the
finest sprinkle to all out straight flow. A simple adjustment of the on/off
valve adjusts this. Its not automatic sprinkling, have to do it by hand.
Otherwise, I use irrigation ditches for regular watering after the plants
mature.
--
Jonny