Old 24-03-2006, 11:12 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mary Anne Smith

Default SPRINKLER FOR GARDEN.

Where can I buy a good sprinkler for my garden. I have bought the ones with
the twirly thing in the middle and have
yet to find one that twirls. I have bought the ones that go back and forth
and most of the times the tiny holes are
stopped up and it does not give me good coverage. I have a small garden
perhaps about 12x12.
I want something that I don't have to move and sprays from all sides.

Mary Anne

Old 24-03-2006, 11:37 PM posted to austin.gardening
Victor Martinez

Mary Anne Smith wrote:
I want something that I don't have to move and sprays from all sides.

How about a decorative copper sprinkler?
http://www.shopcoppersprinklers.com/sprinklers.htm

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 25-03-2006, 12:50 AM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Mary Anne Smith typed:
Where can I buy a good sprinkler for my garden. I have bought the
ones with the twirly thing in the middle and have
yet to find one that twirls. I have bought the ones that go back
and forth and most of the times the tiny holes are
stopped up and it does not give me good coverage. I have a small
garden perhaps about 12x12.
I want something that I don't have to move and sprays from all
sides.
Mary Anne

There are metal ones on adjustable stakes that you can set high (up to about
4 feet) or low (about 18") that you just push into the ground. They have
twirly things or chooka-chooka-chooka things. (Can you tell my mind is
failing me....?) Anyway, the metal ones usually last pretty well, you just
have to be careful not to break the stake on the bottom when you push it
into the ground with your foot.

Old 25-03-2006, 12:32 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

"Mary Anne Smith" wrote in message
et...
Where can I buy a good sprinkler for my garden. I have bought the ones
with the twirly thing in the middle and have
yet to find one that twirls. I have bought the ones that go back and forth
and most of the times the tiny holes are
stopped up and it does not give me good coverage. I have a small garden
perhaps about 12x12.
I want something that I don't have to move and sprays from all sides.

Mary Anne

The ones that do a circular pattern will end up doing more than just the
garden. The others tend to do poorly at low pressure at you pointed out.

If the garden needs a sprinkle, I use a brass hose fitting that is meant for
on/off control at the business end of the garden hose. It puts out the
finest sprinkle to all out straight flow. A simple adjustment of the on/off
valve adjusts this. Its not automatic sprinkling, have to do it by hand.
Otherwise, I use irrigation ditches for regular watering after the plants
mature.
--
Jonny

Old 25-03-2006, 03:23 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Cindy" wrote:

Mary Anne Smith typed:
Where can I buy a good sprinkler for my garden. I have bought the
ones with the twirly thing in the middle and have
yet to find one that twirls. I have bought the ones that go back
and forth and most of the times the tiny holes are
stopped up and it does not give me good coverage. I have a small
garden perhaps about 12x12.
I want something that I don't have to move and sprays from all
sides.
Mary Anne

There are metal ones on adjustable stakes that you can set high (up to about
4 feet) or low (about 18") that you just push into the ground. They have
twirly things or chooka-chooka-chooka things. (Can you tell my mind is
failing me....?) Anyway, the metal ones usually last pretty well, you just
have to be careful not to break the stake on the bottom when you push it
into the ground with your foot.

I put poles into the ground at various locations, then just drop the
stake into it.

I agree, those things are great and last a long time. Just be sure to
get the all metal ones, not the plastic ones.

I think those are called "reciprocating sprinklers"?

You can adjust the direction and range of the sprinkle.
--
Peace, Om.

Old 25-03-2006, 03:23 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article . net,
"Jonny" wrote:

[...]

While I do use sprinklers, I get a lot of use out of what I call "sweat
hoses". A soaker hose type item.
--
Peace, Om.

Old 25-03-2006, 04:13 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

OmManiPadmeOmelet typed:
While I do use sprinklers, I get a lot of use out of what I call
"sweat hoses". A soaker hose type item.

I haven't tried them here, but there's a lot of iron in our water--I fear
they'd be plugged in no time.

Old 25-03-2006, 04:16 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

OmManiPadmeOmelet typed:

I put poles into the ground at various locations, then just drop the
stake into it.

Hmm now why didn't something so obvious EVER occur to me?? Then you
wouldn't have to search for the right 'spot' to get the most coverage
without watering the fence either. You could even put PVC in the hole to
keep it open and make it easier to find.

I agree, those things are great and last a long time. Just be sure
to get the all metal ones, not the plastic ones.

I think those are called "reciprocating sprinklers"?

THAT'S IT!!!!! Oh, my aching brain......

You can adjust the direction and range of the sprinkle.

Gear driven sprinkler versus impact sprinkler MiamiCuse Lawns 2 11-11-2008 02:40 AM
sprinkler systems BigDaDDY Lawns 3 08-01-2004 09:45 PM
Wanted: recommendation for Lawn Sprinkler install MHenson Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
Need Sprinkler help Me Gardening 1 11-03-2003 01:56 AM
AD: I repair lawn sprinkler systems snaylor Texas 0 24-02-2003 06:32 PM