Old 25-03-2006, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Is something eating up my phal?

Welcome aboard, Palantir.

I suspect that is slug or snail damage, and yes, that keiki can be repotted
at any time.

You might want to consider this: bend the flower spike over so you can pot
up the keiki without detaching it. Once it gets established in the pot, you
can snip the spike and the keiki will be independent with little, if any
stress.

"Palantir" wrote in message
Hello,
My nickname is Palantir, and I am typing from northern Italy. I am
following
this group from a few months, but this is my first post.

My tiny collection is made up by four phalaenopsis plants, all of which
are
blooming right now, and seem doing well, even if I have quite bad humidity
conditions (often it drops below 20%, despite the humidifier, now with the
end of the winter it's getting better -- I have 40% now!

There is only one single leaf which does not seem to be quite healthy:
could
you please check this picture, and tell me what do you think about this?
Is
something eating up the leaf? Is it a problem?

The second question: is thie keiki on pic 2 ready to be repotted? I
suppose
I have to wait until it stops blooming, am I right?

Thanks for any advice,
Palantir

Pic 1:
http://www.netpalantir.it/phal1.jpg

Pic 2:
http://www.netpalantir.it/phal2.jpg
the leaf of picture 1 is the rightmost visible.

--
Palantir === http://www.netpalantir.it
icq:57482808 === Per scrivermi in priv togli la chiocciola