Old 25-03-2006, 03:23 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default SPRINKLER FOR GARDEN.

In article ,
"Cindy" wrote:

Mary Anne Smith typed:
Where can I buy a good sprinkler for my garden. I have bought the
ones with the twirly thing in the middle and have
yet to find one that twirls. I have bought the ones that go back
and forth and most of the times the tiny holes are
stopped up and it does not give me good coverage. I have a small
garden perhaps about 12x12.
I want something that I don't have to move and sprays from all
sides.
Mary Anne

There are metal ones on adjustable stakes that you can set high (up to about
4 feet) or low (about 18") that you just push into the ground. They have
twirly things or chooka-chooka-chooka things. (Can you tell my mind is
failing me....?) Anyway, the metal ones usually last pretty well, you just
have to be careful not to break the stake on the bottom when you push it
into the ground with your foot.

I put poles into the ground at various locations, then just drop the
stake into it.

I agree, those things are great and last a long time. Just be sure to
get the all metal ones, not the plastic ones.

I think those are called "reciprocating sprinklers"?

You can adjust the direction and range of the sprinkle.
--
Peace, Om.