Old 13-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Bill Neff

Default [IBC] 4-H and bonsai

Craig wrote:
It also occurred to me that bonsai might be an interest there. Has anyone on the list done bonsai with a 4-H club? I'd be interested in your experiences.

Craig,

My family has been involved in 4H for almost 15 years and haven't ever done anything with bonsai with it. Our county tends not to have much in the way of gardening/horticulture for the kids. Most of those are in the open classes with the adults. Also ou
r club tends to be young (elementary school age) and we know what their uh, 'hey Jim look at that cow rubbing her head on the fence,' oh yea attention, 'Nina would you move I don't want your cooties' sorry span. But then nothing ventured nothing gained.

Bill Neff
Topeka, KS

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++