Old 13-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] 4-H and bonsai

My wife and I have been thinking about getting our youngest son involved
in a 4-H club, and perhaps doing so with her llamas. It also occurred
to me that bonsai might be an interest there. Has anyone on the list
done bonsai with a 4-H club? I'd be interested in your experiences.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Bill Neff

Craig wrote:
It also occurred to me that bonsai might be an interest there. Has anyone on the list done bonsai with a 4-H club? I'd be interested in your experiences.

Craig,

My family has been involved in 4H for almost 15 years and haven't ever done anything with bonsai with it. Our county tends not to have much in the way of gardening/horticulture for the kids. Most of those are in the open classes with the adults. Also ou
r club tends to be young (elementary school age) and we know what their uh, 'hey Jim look at that cow rubbing her head on the fence,' oh yea attention, 'Nina would you move I don't want your cooties' sorry span. But then nothing ventured nothing gained.

Bill Neff
Topeka, KS

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++