Old 26-03-2006, 09:48 PM
dyofix dyofix is offline
Registered User

Location: Harewood, Leeds

Most Pond Blue products (only the ones I have looked at) are safe for fish and micro organisms unless you use over 16,000 times too much. as a seller of such products I have often wanted someone to try............ not really, but the profit would come in handy

www.dyofix.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roy~
No, the dyes I have looked at, and i have looked at a heap of them,
did not have copper listed as an ingredient. They get their blue /
green colors etc from another source. I have looked at :
Crystal Blue, Blue Lagoon., Loc Ness Blue, Becketts Blue Dye, Blue
Diamond, Pond Blue, and some whose names I forget. They all state they
are safe for fish and other marine life............

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:34:56 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote:

===Benign Vanilla wrote:
===
=== "REBEL JOE"
wrote in message
=== ...
=== Has anyone heard of or used Crystal Blue. We got some in at wally world
=== where I work and wonder if anyone has used it. Says it cleans and makes
=== water blue and clearer.
===
===
http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND
===
=== I tried a similar product last year. I used maybe half of the recommended
=== amount, and the water was ELECTRIC BLUE. LOL. I swore I'd never use it
=== again, but I am considering adding in a few weeks as the pond ramps up, so
=== I can prevent the algae from taking over before the VF does.
===
===Aren't these dyes usually based on Copper Sulfate? OK for Wally World
===maybe, kind of hard on the invertebrates in a garden pond. Even if it
===isn't Copper Sulfate, "clean" isn't really something you really want in a
===pond that actually has to support living organisms.