Old 27-03-2006, 05:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
John Crichton

Default Rebel III Grass?

Tony Miklos wrote:
What is this stuff? Is it going to take over everything, or just all
the flower beds? Does it grow fast, slow, or average? Will it only
crowd out weeds in the lawn or will it take over other small plants like
wildflowers? I have a difficult lawn with greatly varying conditions
from nice rich soil next to the woods, and other patches of heavy clay.

Thanks,
Tony

News==----
Newsgroups

Tony,

I live in your area and have tried Rebel III and Southern Gold, both of
which are cultivated for the hotter drier summer we have which tend to
stress the heck tall fescues come late July and most of August. Of the
two, I have had better luck with Southern Gold. It seems to survive
drought and heat much better than Rebel III. I understand that there is
a Rebel IV out now. I haven't tried that one yet so I can't speak to
its virtues. You can find Southern Gold at your local Lowes. Neither
of these grasses will spread. They only spread by overseeding.

John