Old 27-03-2006, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Recommendations on living fence around 1+ acre yard

In article .com,
wrote:

The sky pencil Japanese Holly? Those don't look too bad. I was
searching around for pictures of them and found a place in my hometown
that sells them bare root for $3 each. I'd be looking at around $1000
to do the 600 feet with them. Not cheap, but not too bad. The last
several years have had mild winters here, but once in a while we'll get
6-12 inches of snow that hangs around for a week or two. Nothing major.

If you have a few years. Plant 200 feet than move them in 3 years.
Roots left behind will send up new life. Repeat as needed)

Cost in time vs cost in dollars.

Sky pencil Holly I do not know.

PS Consider planting a male holly.

Bill