Old 27-03-2006, 05:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.consumer.house
Stubby

Default Toro vs. John Deere mower

You might check into the availability of repair parts over time. Sears
used to advertise customers would be able to get parts forever. Well,
that has changed. Now you can only obtain them for 1 year after purchase.

Javier wrote:
I'm looking at two models of riding mowers, the Toro LX420 and the JD 125.

Both have the same deck size (42") and similar engine power (18HP, the
Toro has a Kohler engine, the JD a Briggs & Stratton). Both have an
automatic transmission, manual PTO, etc. Pretty comparable machines,
except the JD is $1799 and the Toro is $1299.

The question... is th JD $500 better than the Toro? I sat on both at the
dealer, they feel equally comfortable. Looking at construction, I can't
really see many differences in material quality (though maybe I don't
know where to look... I was looking at things like thickness of the
steel deck for example).

Thanks.

-jav