Old 13-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Peach tree question

I live in Southern CA. I have one peach tree. It came with a label declaring
it as an August Pride. I doubt that it is because only once did I get a
peach from it as late as August.

It may not yield the best peach in the world, but I have yet to eat a better
one. It does not seem to require much chill and it does well here. If there
is a problem, it is that it grows rather erratically . I just cannot get
straight branches. It is difficult to shape. If I want any size to the
peaches, I have to thin mercilessly. I must remove at least 2/3 of the set
fruit about this time of the year. This does not reduce total weight of the
peaches all that much but makes bigger ones.

Bill