Old 28-03-2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Yaderp

Default Ligustrum

Treedweller wrote in
:

Such as . . . .?

the best suggestion you got was to contact your county extension agent
or go to a good, local nursery for ideas that will work for your area.

I live in Warren County, Tennessee. For those that don't know, Warren
County is considered the Nursery Capital of the world. We have more than
600 nurseries in our county. It is the single largest industry here.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to get reliable information in this
environment due to all information being biased towards what is working,
economically speaking, in the industry at the moment. Ligustrum is the
answer I have been given at every nursery I have visited, except for those
that are heavily invested in other varieties. Likewise, our County Agent is
sensitive to the nursery industry. We have a huge, state-funded research
station here and gues what? They research species that will benefit the
nursery industry. Oh well, we certainly have a great variety to choose
from, though it may not always be what is the best variety.

--
Yaderp

Peeing on an electric fence is one of those life lesson you only have to be
taught once.