Old 28-03-2006, 03:16 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default Seeds

Yes, and Dollar General is selling seed packets at 4 for dollar. Includes
typical garden vegtables, and various decorative flower varieties.
The only thing that hasn't germinated and sprung up were the watermelons for
me. Others I've tried and succeeded were okra, green beans, and sunflower
(bee attraction). Sunflowers, was surprised at success. Planted in hill
country with lots of hard native clay and gravel at surface. Just kept it
moist.
--
Jonny
"Cindy" wrote in message
. com...
Seeds! I got some cool seeds at Walmart. Lemon basil, lettuce-leaf
basil. Morning glory Star of Yelta, moonflower. Rosie O'Day alyssum.
Cleome Rose Queen, nasturtium Cherry Rose. Columbine Dragonfly hybrids.
Sweet pea, Eckford's Finest Mix. I yam so happy!

Oh and they have new cacti and succulents (at least since I've been
there.) And a new line of Hawaiian seeds and plants, including orchids in
bags. Nice-looking plants, though they're drying out. Bird of Paradise
seeds, they are so cute, they have little fuzzy orange tops.

And they have some glazed terracotta pots that are neat--the tops are
regular terracotta, and the bottoms are glazed in different colors.

Can you tell I haven't been out and about much lately.....getting thrilled
about Walmart??

Cindy