Old 13-03-2003, 11:00 PM
Andy Dingley

Default Is there any UK activity in this group

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:27:11 -0500, "Joe Zorzin"
wrote:

Just curious about what such a lot would cost in the UK.

More than it would have cost if I'd bought either of the two I should
have bought last year 8-(

One of them was 20 acres of mixed immature broadleaf woodland, in
South Wales. Sold for only £11K, but I found out about it two days too
late.

The other was 10 acres on the Wales / England border, and a truly
gorgeous location (an area I've liked for 10 years). There was some
recent felling and 6 acres of mature larch remaining. On offer for
£15K. Stupidly I decided against buying it, because my "plan" was to
find something where I could fell a few of the trees and use them for
my cabinetry work. I loved this site, but I just didn't want that much
"useless" larch.

Of course, since then I've been busy felling the abundant oaks and ash
on other people's woodland, and making larger projects from larch.