Old 29-03-2006, 01:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Default Toro vs. John Deere mower

Javier wrote:
I'm looking at two models of riding mowers, the Toro LX420 and the JD 125.

Both have the same deck size (42") and similar engine power (18HP, the
Toro has a Kohler engine, the JD a Briggs & Stratton). Both have an
automatic transmission, manual PTO, etc. Pretty comparable machines,
except the JD is $1799 and the Toro is $1299.

The question... is th JD $500 better than the Toro? I sat on both at the
dealer, they feel equally comfortable. Looking at construction, I can't
really see many differences in material quality (though maybe I don't
know where to look... I was looking at things like thickness of the
steel deck for example).

Thanks.

-jav

I would choose the Toro. If they are wise enough to use a Kohler engine
over a Briggs then it's likely that other parts are higher quality also.

--
Art