Old 29-03-2006, 08:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default What have been your worst or most disastrous gardening experience/s?

well, I once planted what I thought was caroline lupine (thermopsis) and it
turned out to be a related-but-much-more invasive western version of the
same plant. By year two, it was sending out runners 10 feet away (under
sidewalks, for instance) by the dozens. It took about 2 garden seasons of
constant pulling to eradicate it. (On the other hand, it would be a great
plant for some wild meadowy garden on big acreage, but not in my
postage-stamp size garden)
"Brian" wrote in message
ups.com...
What have been your worst or most disastrous gardening nightmare
experience/s
you've had so far - not the ones that occur in sleep dreaming, but any
disastrous or incredibly lousy garden work, or project/s done on either
your own current or former
garden (or someone else's) by either yourself, or done by someone else.