Old 30-03-2006, 06:31 AM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Default Seeds

Jangchub typed:
The sweet peas, nasturtium, and alyssum are cool weather plants and
you'd be better off waiting till the fall to use those. I have a
feeling we're going to just come into blazing hot summer, as this
year the entire winter was a very warm version of spring.

Bird of Paradise seeds need to be scarified and can take years to
germinate, then from 7 to 15 years to flower! Have fun!

Yeahhh thanks, I'll probably wait on those. Unless I can find a cooler
place for the sweetpeas. But they need sun, don't they? Maybe I'll plant
some in a pot.....I didn't get the Bird of Paradise seeds, I already have
plants. Just thought they were cute with their orange fuzzy hats.