Old 30-03-2006, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

Default prunus subhirtella autumnalis

Mines just starting to flower now, hardy a blossom Nov-Feb. Also 4 years
old. In fact now much blossom at all in previous years, but then I think the
sparrows eat it!

"Klara" wrote in message

We have a small (4-year-old) autumn-flowering cherry that is only just
looking as if it might in time come into blossom. Throughout the autumn
and winter it had only perhaps a dozen blossoms on it, spread out over the
months since November. Could this be something I am doing, or just another
face of global warming? Is it the feeding? Mainly, I have no idea when
winter-flowering trees should be fed: in winter, when they are supposed to
blossom? Or in summer, when they are growing?

Thanks!
--
Klara, Gatwick basin