Old 31-03-2006, 12:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default Ground engaging Toro vs JD

Follow up from the previous Toro vs JD post:

Neither of those machines ( LX420 and the 125) are suitable for ground
engaging (tiller, garden plow, disc harrow etc) implements. They are best
suited to be used as lawn mowers. If you want to use the machine as a
tractor you would be much better off with a Cub Cadet (MTD) 2500 series
which has the cast iron transaxle as opposed to the pot metal trannys used
on the HD & Lowes Toro & John Deere. Even to use a dozer blade the pot metal
won't stand up. BTW, the Toro dozer blade I have is a lot heavier than the
universal blades I've seen at HD & Lowes. The 2500's also have a high
backed seat w arm rests that becomes more and more important as we get older
or if you are going to spend long periods of time on the machine.