Old 01-04-2006, 12:03 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
bobc

Default bonsai money

Hello!
While the flowers and fruit of a Bonsai tree won't reduce in size, the
leaves will. It takes time though. I'm not an expert, but I think
that removing the leaves of a deciduous tree is one of the techniques
used in reducing leaf size. I believe that, depending on the species,
you either leave or remove the petioles. For example, an Acer (Maple)
is trimmed by removing the leaves but not the petiole. I don't think
that coniferous trees are ever trimmed in this way.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help but I have never grown a money tree.
If you know the scientific name you may find it easier to find
information about your tree.
Bob