Old 01-04-2006, 02:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Changing soil ph

"Robert" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message
:I understand fairly well the process of sweetening acidic soils using
: agricultural lime or dolomite, or sometimes more inadvertently with too
much
: wood ash and mushroom compost.
:
: To acidify alkaline soils I understand aluminium sulphate (which I have
: never come across but imagine it is easily available if I search for it)
: works and to a lesser extent peat moss and chciken poo will do this over

: period of time.
:
: Is anyone able to confirm the latter case?
:
What about adding sulphur chippings

from where? in what form? I have not come across that before.

rob