Old 01-04-2006, 03:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Compost going to work

I gave the back lawn a really close shave yesterday and emptied bags and
bags full of grass onto my compost heap over a layer of cardboard and paper
which was covering another smaller layer of grass. I covered the motherload
grass layer with a layer of cardboard. We had quite a heavy rain dump last
night and showers today. I have just gone out to check the compost heap and
put my hand down into the grass layer. It is heating up very well already. I
couldn't keep my hand in due to the heat. The compost is certainly going to
town at present.

rob