Old 02-04-2006, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Craddock

Default growing peppers

"Paul" wrote in message
for the first time this year I am trying red peppers in the green
house, main questions are-
should I stagger the sowing of seeds to provide a crop over several
weeks, or do the plants keep reproducing peppers throughout the
summer?
will the plants be ok in growbags, not sure how tall they will grow?

If you've not yet sown them, they'll be a late summer/autumn crop and
will go on until the cold short days stop them. No need for staggered
sowings. You will have green peppers as well as red ones - Green
peppers are just unripe ones. OK in growbags but the watering and
feeding is easier to manage in the greenhouse border. Usually 1metre
high x 50/60cm wide - depends how you look after them

--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.